Sunday, April 25, 2010

My First Project

I was watching the movie "The Proposal" on Netflix instant watch, and saw Sandra Bullock wearing a blouse at the end of the movie that I fell in love with. I scoured the internet for it and couldn't find anything like it so I decided I would make it myself. 



My boyfriend saw I finally wanted to get into sewing, which he's been encouraging me to get into for a while now, so he bought me a sewing machine for an early birthday gift. And that's how all this got started.  He spent quite a bit on the sewing machine, which I was upset by, so when he said I needed a dress form, I was happy when we decided to make one ourselves instead of spending more money. 



Now I'm working on the blouse. It's going okay. I'm making it with muslin. 




2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your getting into sewing. Would love to hear how you made you dress form, any chance you could post some directions? I have a dress form, but it's very old (it was my husband's grandmother's) & unfortunately all the plastic has become brittle & broken. Needless to say I didn't really feel like spending hundreds of dollars on a new one.

    ReplyDelete