Sunday, April 25, 2010

Burberry Headbands

A few years ago I was shopping with my cousin at a small boutique store and found a knockoff burberry headband made out of cloth and elastic. So I bought it and wore it everywhere. I lost it a year or two later and couldn't find it anywhere. I couldn't find one to buy online either. So I decided the best idea would be to recreate it. I bought an XL burberry shirt off of ebay and took all the seams out of it with my ginger snippers and laid it out flat like a piece of fabric. I didn't know how to sew at the time so I had my mother sew the burberry headband for me with some black backing. The headband came out so nice that I had her sew a few more for me which I sold on ebay until Ebay kicked me off for copyright infringement, heh. I had to write an email and ask to be let back on.

This was a fun sewing project. I should learn to do it on my own now. We ended up making headbands out of Fendi and Dior fabric too.

1 comment: